I am sure a lot of people like Taco and Sushi, but have you thought of putting them together and become Taco Cats Sushi, or “Tacoshi”? That’s something my hubby thought of and I made his imagination came true!
Honestly, it’s quite easy to make! To improve this recipe next time I will add in some sashimi too! This time we went to the supermarket quite late, so we got what we can find on the spot 😀
To start, we have some basic taco ingredients:
- Seasoned beef
- Taco sauce
- Homemade guacamole (see recipe below)
Since we are making a fusion of taco and sushi, we need some sushi ingredients too! We have:
- Rice (mix with Japanese rice vinegar)
Homemade Guacamole for Taco Cats Sushi
My homemade guacamole recipe is very simple!
- 2 Avocado
- Salt and pepper
Use a spoon to mash all the avocado and mix in the seasoning the way you like and ta-da you very own guacamole!
Steps to make Taco Cats Sushi
1. First we need to trim the seaweed to fit into the taco.
2. Place the rice in the middle of the seaweed and place it into the taco. Please do not throw away the excess seaweed, we can save it for decoration or please put it in your mouth so we are not wasting these delicious food!
4. The rest is very easy, get creative with your ingredients, add as much as you want. We love guacamole, so we added a lot of it! And hey making your own guacamole is very inexpensive, so go crazy with it!
5. Since we couldn’t find any sashimi last night, we used tobiko instead!
I think it goes pretty well with the taco and add a colourful touches!
6. This part is completely extra, but hey why not have a little fun? Adding some faces and laughter while making food will make them taste extra delicious!
Here I used the plastic wrap to make a little rice ball, and used the excess seaweed to make some cute faces for my Neko (cat). Add on the paws and tail. Then your Taco Cats Sushi cat is completed!
I think my hushand had a really good idea haha adding rice to the taco surely make it more filling and the beef is so tasty along with this combo. Taco Cats Sushi are so yummy and cute too!
I hope you enjoyed today’s little cooking tutorial on Taco Cats Sushi! Maybe you will be interested in
Please follow my instagram Mizzmok for more photos!