Today Mokolate would like to show everyone how to to make Hong Kong style Egg Tarts – the ultimate comfort food that is loved by everyone! These cute little tarts can be easily found in Chinese Dim Sum restaurant or bakeries, but wouldn’t it be better if you can make them yourself and enjoy them at the comfort of your own home?
Egg tarts actually are much easier to make than they look, and today Mokolate will show you how to prepare them with only 10 minutes of prep time!
Mokolate’s Simple Egg Tart Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Baking time: 30 mins
2 – eggs
70 g – sugar
75 ml – 2% milk
150 ml – Hot Water
8 Tart Shells (we used Tenderflake shells)
Serving: 8 Egg Tarts
Steps to Yummy Egg Tarts:
- Preheat oven at 350F. Add sugar in hot water and stir until dissolved
2. In a seperate bowl, beat both eggs and slowly add milk
3. Sieve the egg mix with a sift and slowly add to the sugar water mixture. Throw away the sifted mixture to ensure smooth egg tart taste
4. Prepare the Tart shells on a baking pan, pour the egg mixture into the tart shells
5. Bake the tarts for 12-15 mins, then lower heat to 315F and bake for another 12-15 mins with oven door slightly open. Can poke toothpick into the tart and if the toothpick can stand, it is fully cook and ready to be served
6. Egg tarts are ready to be enjoyed!
We have the video tutorial below:
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Please subscribe to Mokolate’s YouTube Channel for even more cooking recipe and other DIY Ideas!